Envision Community Church is lucky to have a Mutual Care Ministry team of trained pastoral caregivers who provide formal care and support to community members during challenging seasons.
Mutual Care Expectations
Our Mutual Care Team Members are able to provide up to three sessions on a given topic. Care sessions usually last about an hour, and can be offered in person or via Zoom or by phone depending on your mutual availability and preference. These sessions typically consist of listening, prayer and recommendations for additional support resources.
Anything shared with a Mutual Care Team Member is shared in limited confidence. Information can be expected to be shared between Mutual Care Team Members and our Pastors; who in turn will hold those details in confidence to allow for referrals for additional support, the sharing of pastoral care duties and for team members to get advice. FYI, Mutual Caregivers and all of our church Team Members, are also mandatory reporters.
We Cannot Provide Crisis Care
Our Mutual Care Team Members cannot provide crisis care. If you are in crisis, we encourage you to reach out to one of the crisis care resources listed at the bottom of this page right away.
Our Mutual Care Team
Areas of knowledge: Parenting, children and youth, interpersonal conflicts, depression, anxiety
Contact: email@example.com or 720-982-6511
Areas of knowledge: Divorce, parenting, LGBTQ, pregnancy loss
Mary Jo Highland
Areas of knowledge: coming out
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 409-504-7584
Areas of knowledge: Youth & Children, LGBTQ+, anxiety, depression
Areas of knowledge: LGBTQ+
Areas of knowledge: Parenting, adoption, grief.
Contact: email@example.com or 512-581-2586
Areas of knowledge: Youth & Children, LGBTQ+
External Therapeutic Resources
If you are looking for on-going therapeutic support, and would like a recommendation for a local therapist please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are in crisis, we encourage you to reach out to one of these crisis care resources:
- Colorado Crisis Services: offers free and confidential 24/7 text, call, and walk in crisis support options. 1-844-493-8255 or text TALK to 38255. Friends and family can also call to discuss and determine the best plan for their loved one. Local walk-in locations (24/7 unless noted):
- Boulder: 3180 Airport Road Boulder, 80301
- Denver: 4353 E. Colfax Ave Denver, 80220
- Fort Collins: 1217 Riverside Ave Fort Collins, 80524 (8AM-Midnight) at Summit Stone 970-494-4200
- Littleton: 6509 S. Sante Fe Drive Littleton, 80120
- Wheatrigde: 4643 Wadsworth Blvd. Wheat Ridge, 80033
- Greeley: 928 12th Street Greeley, 80631
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-TALK
- Crisis Text Line (free, 24/7, text with a trained counselor): Text TALK to 741741
- Trans Lifeline (support for transgender people by transgender people): 1-877-565-8860
- LGBTQ National Hotline (peer support and local resources): 888-843-4564
- The Trevor Project (the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning youth)
- TrevorLifeline (available 24/7): 1-866-488-7386
- TrevorText: Text TREVOR to 1-202-304-1200
- TrevorChat: via thetrevorproject.org